Random Acts of Magic
Random Acts of Magic
Prepare to be intrigued, delighted, elated - Random Acts of Magic is an inspired and inspiring collection of more than 60 brand new, bread-and-butter goodies, tightened and refined over thousands of shows, lectures and television appearances!
You'll find astonishing tricks with cards, coins, markers, cell phones, matchbooks, matches, receipts, elastics, bottles, balls, bills, wallets, ties, spoons and finger rings, plus anecdotes, road stories, and the first 12 hilarious, thought-provoking essays from David's column in Genii magazine!
• Misguided Angel: The angel on the back of a signed, selected Bicycle card visibly rotates 180 degrees, whereupon every angel in the deck follows suit! The selection can then be handed out as a souvenir, and the deck can be examined!
• New Millennium Tenkai Pennies: A coin initialed by a spectator travels invisibly to join a coin initialed by the magician, then, during a second attempt, only the initials travel, leaving one coin blank and the other coin with both sets of initials!
• Mad Card Disease: The four quarters of a torn card (destroyed because it had contracted Mad Card Disease) transpose with each other in impossible ways!
• Take A Seat: Your next volunteer is chosen randomly by a spectator in the theater, but when every member of the audience is asked to check under their seats, only the chosen spectator finds an envelope that says, "You will be the chosen one!?"
• Open Time Traveller: The magician offers disturbingly convincing proof of having travelled back in time during a card trick and changed something in the past.
• Party of Six: Six people each choose a card from a shuffled deck, then line up on stage, whereupon the people are shuffled! An audience-member who was holding a prediction from the start is asked to choose one of the people. The chosen person shows his chosen card, which matches the prediction!
And so much more! Ringworm, The Flipwiches of Eastwick, Time Boards, Unburnt, Seedling, High Invisibility, Cap In Hand, Plop, Assimilation, Under Foot, Lucky Day, Unlawful Entry, Twice Removed, The Painted Deck, and the list goes on and on, PLUS stellar contributions from Jay Sankey, Simon Lovell, Richard Sanders, Patrik Kuffs, Michel Huot, Joshua Jay, Barry Julien, Torkova and Max Maven!
Random Acts of Magic is overflowing with new plots, new tricks, new sleights, new utilities, and definitive versions of previously published work, all written in the clear, concise, immensely entertaining style for which David has become known.